Cannabis is available in a variety of delicious edible forms. Making cannabis honey is a delicious, versatile way to enjoy this natural product. How To Make Cannabis Honey. There are several simple ways to make cannabis honey. It doesn’t take long, and it isn’t complicated. This sweetener has a long shelf life and can be used to sweeten tea or coffee, spread over toast, or even enjoyed on its own.
Cannahoney (cannabis-infused honey) can be used for all types of recipes that call for honey, or to make a hot mug of tea truly divine. Once you’ve infused some honey with cannabis, you can easily add it to just about any dish that needs a little sweetness – and lots of smiles.
Use it as a sugar replacement in your favorite baking recipes, or drizzle it over grilled cheese. You can add a little sweetness to your day with cannabis-infused honey. This post will explore how to make cannabis honey, expert tips for making the perfect infused honey
Process Of Decarboxylation: How To Make Cannabis Honey
The process of decarboxylation converts the inactive THCA molecule in raw cannabis into THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). When converted to THC, these molecules bind to specific receptor sites in the central nervous system. Raw cannabis doesn’t cause intoxication because the THCA binds to the body’s psychoactive cannabinoid receptors.
Raw cannabis cannot be used to make edibles, including cannabis honey unless it is heated.
To decarboxylate your cannabis, follow these steps:
- For a more potent infusion, break up 3 to 4 grams and decarb more.
- The oven should be preheated to 245 degrees.
- To prevent sticking and product loss, cover a nonstick baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, spreading the cannabis evenly over the baking sheet.
However, baking cannabis for 10 to 18 minutes at 300 degrees is not recommended since lower heat preserves the integrity of the THC molecules better. For even heat distribution, shake the baking sheet every 10 minutes or so as the cannabis bakes. A decarboxylated cannabis plant is infused into honey to become active. This is how to make cannabis honey.
Method One: Making Cannabis Honey
How to make cannabis honey? Here is the process. For every 3 to 4 grams of decarboxylated cannabis, mix one cup of honey with it. The following ratio is recommended as a starting point. The amount of cannabis or honey is always adjustable according to taste. The next step is to follow these steps:
- Double-boil the honey and cannabis over low heat.
- Don’t let the mixture boil; let it simmer for no less than 40 minutes.
- over a clean, wide-mouth jar, place a wide funnel lined with cheesecloth. Pour the honey mixture through the funnel after it has cooled slightly. Let the mixture naturally strain itself.
Set the jar in a cool, dry place after the honey mixture has been strained through the cloth. For at least several months, it will keep well. Honey contains natural antibacterial compounds, and it can be consumed indefinitely. Honey found in ancient Egyptian tombs that is thousands of years old is still perfectly edible!
Second Method: Making Cannabis Honey
Here is how to make cannabis honey:
- Cannabis weighing 3 to 4 grams
- Honey, any variety, 1 cup
- Slow cooker
- The jar that is clean, airtight, and large
- A cotton string and a small kitchen towel
- The cheesecloth
It is possible to use up to 7 grams of cannabis in this recipe to make a stronger product. Remember to decarboxylate! As a result,
- Wrap the cannabis in cheesecloth and tie it with kitchen cotton string. Cannabis can also be added directly to honey, but straining is required.
- Add the cheesecloth-bagged, measured, decarboxylated cannabis to the honey in a quart jar.
- Place a kitchen towel in the bottom of the Crockpot. Fill the Crockpot with water until it exceeds the level of the honey.
- Turn the Crockpot to 200 degrees and let the mixture cook for about eight hours. Keep an eye on the jar every hour or so and tap it to see if pressure builds up. You may need to burp the top of the jar if necessary.
- Using tongs, remove the cheesecloth bag after heating. The cannabis-infused honey is ready for use once it has cooled.
Cannabis Honey: Other Ideas
Consider other ideas as well when trying to figure out how to make cannabis honey.
It is possible to add sweet and savory spices to cannabis honey or cannabis honey during the last hour of cooking to enhance the flavor. It will also add flavor to the cannabis honey if you zest the citrus. It is possible to strain out or leave in the additional ingredients after heating. The flavor imparted by the spicy additions will deepen over time if they are not removed.
Honey of any type can be used to make cannabis honey. Ultimately, it’s up to you. Raw honey will always appear opaque. Compared to highly processed honey, locally sourced, raw, unfiltered honey may offer more health benefits.
Cannahoney can be made from any strain of cannabis. Its scent comes from compounds called terpenes. Watermelon Sorbet has a grape-like scent that pairs well with cannabis honey. Other options include Mimosa, Blue Dream, and Clementine.
Crafting cannabis-infused honey is a straightforward yet versatile process that allows enthusiasts to enjoy the benefits of both honey and cannabis in a harmonious blend. How To Make Cannabis Honey. By following the steps outlined in this guide, individuals can create a customized infusion that caters to their preferred potency and flavor profile. Whether used in cooking, as a sweetener or simply enjoyed on its own, cannabis honey offers a discreet and enjoyable way to incorporate the therapeutic properties of cannabis into daily life.